Little Tikes Pillow Racers Review
Since we received the Little Tikes Ladybug Pillow Racer my 3 year old has been scooting around the house like a speed demon! She hasn’t been using it solely as a pillow but I think that’s only because she doesn’t want to stop riding it! (that and nothing replaces her unicorn Pillow Pet)
Normally we’re pretty fanatical about letting the kids use ride on toys on our hardwood floors but after some intense riding there are no scratches to report. Caster wheels make for easy turning; none of that scraping along the floor to change direction. That is a BIG plus for me. The pillow/seat truly is comfy and soft – no sore butts!
The recommended age is 18 months to 3 years. However, Lucy is a small three and she fits on it perfectly. I imagine she’ll be riding until she’s at least 4. Even Tommy (almost 7) has been sneaking rides on it. He is just over 50lbs so I don’t recommend that as the weight limit is 50lbs.
We had this together in about 5 -10 minutes. Changing it from a ride on to a pillow takes less than a minute – super simple.
I only have two complaints.
- The pillow is not machine washable. It’s more of an annoyance than a real complaint.
- The fabric on the pillow is that felt type material and it is a total hair magnet! And it’s next to impossible to get it off with the vacuum. But again, more of an annoyance than a real complaint.
Overall we love it. It was a HUGE hit in our house!
- No hardware required for assembly
- Easy grip handle
- Soft, cushion body
- Caster wheels allow for easy, quick turns
- Ladybug cover easily removes from the base for cuddling or washing
- Maximum weight limit up to 50lbs.
- Pillow is hand wash only